Sunday, December 1, 2019

What are you looking for in a purse?

What are you looking for in a purse?

by Karla Fidoe (owner and maker of Pop of Color Bags)


I've said many times that what draws me to sewing purses is the fact that a purse always fits. Before I started making my own, I would spend hours searching for that perfect purse. 

Cork Wristlet Clutch with Phone Pocket
I would try them on in department stores and walk around to see if it was going to be "the one." So many purses slip off my shoulders, or are too bulky and make my arm float. Then there's the ones with a thousand pockets, which seem like a good idea, but in reality, means you can't remember which pocket holds your keys and spend forever searching for what you need. Of course, there is also always the surprising heavy empty purse which is sure to make my neck hurt once I start adding my own belongings.

To me, a purse is like jewelry. It completes an outfit with that last bit of detail. It can take a mundane, running errands outfit, to a completed, "I've got this," feeling that boosts confidence and makes sure you are ready to face your day.
Bow Tie Clutch Wristlet
Woven Wristlet Clutch

Wristlet Clutch with Bold Print
So what kind of purse has these magical qualities? My answer, a simple wristlet clutch. Cost effective enough so you can have multiple clutches, this modern handbag allows you to complete an outfit, easily change purses, and throw it inside a tote when you need more space. With multiple styles, it is easy to find a wristlet which shows your identity.


What are you looking for in a purse? Share your comments with me!

See a style you like? Check out my Etsy shop, Pop of Color Bags.
Happy Shopping! Karla



No comments:

Post a Comment