Saturday, July 27, 2019

6 Back to School Gift Ideas

6 Gift Ideas to Sew, or Buy, for Back to School

by Karla Fidoe (3rd grade teacher/owner and maker of Pop of Color Bags)

1. Reusable grocery bags

This gift works for both male and female recipients. It's one of life's necessities to shop, so who wouldn't appreciate a custom foldable, reusable market bag? I carry one for grocery shopping, but also for those times where I have extra materials to bring into my classroom in the morning. Once it's empty, it easily rolls up to fit in my wristlet clutch. No more left bags in my classroom for me!


2. Small Bifold Wallet

Boys, girls, and women will love the slim profile and thought that goes into choosing the fabrics of this wallet.

3. Lip balm key ring pouch

Looking for a secret pal gift? This lip balm pouch is good for school age and adults alike because lip balm is something everyone carries. With this pouch, conveniently attach it to your keys, a backpack, or a purse.

4. Coin pouch

With back to school approaching, this coin pouch is a perfect accessory for carrying coins for lunch or vending machines. It's also a great gift for any woman that hates the added weight of coins in her wallet. I keep mine in this cute coin pouch on my (whatever you call the drive stick shaft thing!)

5. Make-up/travel bag/pencil pouch

This grown up looking zipper pouch makes a wonderful makeup/jewelry bag, pencil pouch (I have several in my own classroom!), or travel bag. The beauty of the design is the wide mouth opening so it is easy to find what you are looking for without having to dump out the whole bag.


6. Tote bag

A tote bag is one of the most versatile types of purses - it can be a gym bag, carry all, road trip bag, purse, beach bag, pool tote, school bag, weekend overnight bag, etc. Think about the person you are gifting it to, and find a tote bag to match his/her needs!


Going back to school for teachers, school staff, and students is a great time to gift a handmade bag. Like what you see? Check out more of my handmade gifts at Pop of Color Bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment